A good PR story is infinitely more effective than a front-page ad. ~ Richard Branson
Some of TV news’ most famous faces began their careers as attorneys: NBC’s Savannah Guthrie, CNN’s Chris Cuomo, ABC’s George Stephanopoulos and MSNBC’s Ari Melber, to name a few. Whether your end goal is a permanent TV gig or you just want to provide legal commentary for media, here are five great business reasons for lawyers to be on TV:
- Media appearances are valuable marketing tools. The increased visibility they bring helps raise awareness of your brand and what you have to offer. By promoting your media appearances on social media, blogs and other channels, you can use them to attract new business.
- Regular media appearances enhance your brand as a thought leader in legal issues and help establish trust among clients, prospects, peers and referral sources.
- If a client is torn between hiring you or a less visible lawyer, the media appearances could be the tiebreaker for them. If national news outlets trust your legal acumen, you must be good!
- You’ve already got many of the skills required to be a great media guest. Lawyers know how to engage an audience, how to explain things in a persuasive way and how not to get flustered if someone attacks their position. With media training, you can hone those skills to be as effective on camera as they are in court.
- Appearing on TV can be a great networking icebreaker. You’ll be surprised how many people approach you to say, “I saw you on TV!”
To learn more about becoming a valuable media resource, give us a call today!