It’s that time of year – the back to school ads are running and everywhere you look there are displays and sales on pencils, notebooks, and other school supplies. All of this makes me really excited about getting back to a routine and setting up new strategies for success. There are only a few months left in the year and there’s still time to make it the best one yet.
It’s also a great time to take a look at your media strategy and kick it up a notch. Are your headshots years old? Was your last blog posted during the Obama administration (or even before that)? Here are my top 5 tips for sprucing up your media strategy:
1. Check to see that your website is updated with current photos, contact information, and links to recent press appearances.
2. Make sure you’re posting regularly on social media with your unique perspective on news topics on which you’d like to be interviewed.
3. Use hashtags so the media can find you.
4. Keep your TV clothes and any makeup or styling tools in your car or office at all times so that if media calls, you’re always ready.
5. Be a good consumer of the media you’d like to be interviewed by so that you understand the types of guests they use and how you can contribute.
Hope this spurs some inspiration for you. If we can help you with strategy or outreach, don’t hesitate to get in touch.